Monday, April 4, 2011

12-22-04

I had gastric bypass on December 22, 2004 and was in the hospital until Christmas Eve. I went in weighing 278 lbs. My main reason for wanting to have the surgery was because I really wanted to have children and my weight was keeping me from ovulating. I tried many diets and went on a doctors diet and still only lost 10lbs and remained.. it was very frustrating. My self esteem was not too bad, but of course not as good as it could have been.. I have always felt like a skinny beautiful blond stuck in a fat person's body. I was and am still happy with my decision to have gastric bypass.

I am now 5 years post-op and about 30 lbs over where I should be for my build. I have a large rib cage and big wrists etc, I am big boned.. at 170lbs I wore a size 8, and looked great... that is where I need to be. I got pregnant with my daughter in 2006 and had some complications.. We don't know if it was from being post-op or just one of those things.. She came out very quickly on Jan 22, 2007 from 1" dilated to 10 within 3 hours, pushed out in 2 pushes. The doctor said her umbilical cord was VERY long, and even notated it on the chart. After having my daughter we thought it would take a while to get pregnant again so we started trying for baby #2 right away.. it only took one try :) To our surprise I became pregnant with my son when my daughter was 4 1/2 months old. I might need to mention that after having Kaytlin I got down to 195 lbs, but during the pregnancy I got upto 220. Since I did get pregnant so quicklly I gained 60lbs with my pregnancy with my son. Luckily I am back down to 200-205 now... but it was a struggle for a while to keep it there.

I will post more later, there is a lot that goes with this but I don't want to give away all the goods in the first post.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment