Monday, April 4, 2011

Baked Chicken that tastes good and is quick to fix

Right after I had my surgery I wanted to come up with ways to make dinner easily, things that we both would like, things that I could eat, and they had to have protein! The best thing that I became addicted to was my baked chicken.
What you will need:
*bonelesss skinless chicken breasts, or tenders
*30 minute marinade
*seasoned meat tenderizer
*seasoned pepper

Heat your oven to 375
Make sure you have defrosted what you are going to use and adjust your cooking time if you use more or less chicken.
I liked to use the lemon pepper marinade the most, it was my favorite! Put your meat on either a chopping board or a plate and if you are using the breasts make sure to cut them up like tenders. I always cut the fat off of either, i cant stand the fat on my chicken! Sprinkle both the pepper and the tenderizer on the chicken and pour marinade all over the chicken, then if you don't have the nail tenderizer that I posted on here use forks, tenderize the crap out of the chicken, it helps get the flavors in the meat big time! I love my tenderizer and greatly recommend it for any meat! Turn the meat over and do the same thing on the other size. You can either put this meat in a bowl and let it marinade for awhile in the fridge, or you can put it on a cookie sheet and cook it now. The flavor is going to be in it already. Oh yea if you use the breasts I usually use 3-4 of them cut up without the fat.. with the tenders I use 4-6 of them. Put your meat laid out on the cookie sheet so that they are not touching and leave the excess marinade on them.. if enough doesn't stay on them I usually pour a little on top, not too much because the marinade itself will burn a little if there is too much. Cook the chicken for 20 minutes and it comes out tasty and not chewy! It is sooo good and is good for the whole family. You can use any marinade you want and cook it just like this. I would usually add some corn and potatos for Rob, but just leave the taters out cause they are too filling and you want the protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment