Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Getting pregnant after having my surgery

So we did what we were supposed to and waited for 1 year exactly before getting off of my birth control. I mean to the date!! lol I started charting and doing my temps to see exactly when ovulating etc.. We had tried for 5 years before gastric bypass to get pregnant, went through tons of clomid, from the lowest to the highest and nothing worked, no ovulating, no maybe, no nothing! I was in denial a lot of times that it was actually my weight. I think when you are that overweight it hurts more to realize that you are sabotaging your own chances at being a mom, rather than thinking that maybe your body just isn't working just because. It was definitely hard to see those sticks always say that I wasn't ovulating etc.. soo when we got off of the birth control and I started ovulating right away I was sooo excited! I had done lots of research over those 5 years so I learned a lot about charting and ovulation signs etc. i asked my doc to give me a round of clomid to use after 3 months of no baby and charting.. actually it was around 2 1/2 months and after all we had been through he said sure without hesitation! That first round we conceived Kaytlin! My miracle baby in my eyes!! I was sooooo excited to find out that we were preggers with Kayt. I want to add this, if you are thinking about having children after gastric bypass please please please wait until you are done with your weight loss, and able to get in enough food for yourself and the baby. I have talked to many women that got pregnant too soon and it was VERY hard to get enough nutrients in for both themselves and the baby. After having Kaytlin I asked my doc for another round of clomid at 2 1/2 months after Kayt was born. Rob (my husband) had no idea I was already going to start it.. he knew I was going to just didn't know when lol. I did my charting etc and realized we had missed the ovulation a littl eand thought for sure that I wasn't going to be pregnant.. but went out and got dollar tree pee sticks and sure enough just 7 days after ovulation they showed a positive!! I wrote on the mirror in the bathroom... Baby morton #2 due March 2008.. for Rob to wake up and see first thing in the morning.. LOL he wasn't mad or anything that I had taken the clomid already because we had already planned on it. So yea Robbie was quick and easy to make lol.. they are right when they say you are fertile mertile right after having a baby. I don't recommend having them this close to anyone.. If I could do it over again I would probably wait until Kayt was at least 1 or 2 to have Robbie because it is pretty much like having twins and is not easy.

If you need any information about ovulation or charting or anything having to do with that please don't hesistate to ask me, I dont mind talking about any of this to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment